Donnerstag, 11. November 2010

See you soon then.

What does it mean to truly love another?
There was a time in my life when I thought I'd knew the answer.
It meant that I'd care for Savannah more deeply than I cared myself and that we'd spend the rest of our lives together. It wouldn't have taken much.
She once told me that the key to happiness was achievable dreams, and hers were nothing out of the ordinary. Marriage, family...the basics.
But no matter what was going on in our lives, I could imagine lying beside her in bed at the end of the day, holding her while we talked and laughed, lost in each other's arms.
It doesn't sound so far-fetched, right?
When two people love each other?
That's what I tought too.

(Dear John - Nicholas Sparks)



The problem with time, I've learned, whether it's those first two weeks I got to spend with you, or the final two months I got to spend with him, eventually time always runs out. I have no idea where you are out there in the world, John. But I understand that I lost the right to know these things long ago. No matter how many
years go by, I know one thing to be as true as ever was - I'll see you soon then.



Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen